The Kano State Government has taken a step to propose a mandatory test to ascertain ones hiv status. This was disclosed on Friday that the government is working to propose a bill on compulsory HIV/AIDS testing for all new couples in the state.
The Commissioner for Health Kabiru Getso stated this in a news conference to commemorate the World HIV/AIDS day in Kano.
- The Ganduje administration had taken health as a priority and is working tirelessly to ensure quality healthcare delivery services in the state.
- The state government, in collaboration with the state Hisbah Board, had proposed the bill, which was awaiting passage at the state house of assembly.
- “The state government had demonstrated concern about the care and control of HIV/AIDS by giving the scourge all the necessary attention it required.’’
- The state government established the State Agency for the Control of AIDS (SACA), in order to record the progress and achievements so far witnessed in the control of AIDS in the state.
- “The state has, however, approved the sum of over N443 million to carry out many interventions and outreach services, as well as to create awareness across the state.’’
- The Commissioner said the government would continue to support people living with HIV/AIDS and would continue to create awareness on the prevention of the disease.